Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pricing Events When Starting Your Business


Here is my first blog about event planning.  Since I want to eventually start a business of my own, I figured this blog will help me with information as well as educate others on the event planning process from start to finish.

event planning pricingI want to begin with pricing.  I honestly don't have the slightest clue on where to start with pricing events so I'm going to do some research.  According to the website AboutEventPlanning, there are several factors to consider when pricing events.  Some of the factors to determine would be the market you are in, the types of products and services that are going to be used as well as how long the project is estimated to put together.  This website also says it is important to determine a flat fee.  This website has a lot of information about pricing for events.

At PowerHomeBiz's website, they provide information about start-up costs and pricing.  This is another website to look to for advice about not only pricing for your services but start-up costs for starting your business.  This information helped me out tremendously with ideas.

For anyone interested in this industry, it's definitely a good direction to go because this industry is booming.  In an earlier project I did in my last class, I had to write a research paper on the event planing industry and it is estimated at earning 5 billion dollars annually!

There is a lot more to learn about this industry, but this is a good start.  It's also an important part of starting up your business.  I can't wait to learn more and share my information with everyone!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment